Welcome to the Grand Guild of Fibre Artists.
At this website you will find the work of Canadian Fibre Artists with a particular emphasis on those from the Grand River area of Ontario, Canada. Cambridge has a long history of textiles and is therefore a fitting place for a fibre art group!
The artists of the Grand Guild use fibre as our medium, dyeing, painting, cutting, tearing, stamping, fusing, stitching and embellishing it, always aiming for gallery ready standards in design and workmanship.
Our goals as a group are:
- Share with our communities our fibre art by showing and selling so as to give this exciting art form greater visibility.
- Create an opportunity for members to gather and share their expertise, processes and inspiration.
- Develop friendships amongst those that love texture, colour, fibre and the creative spirit.
Is this group for you?
- Do you produce original fibre works not from a pattern?
- Are you looking to grow as an artist?
- Are you willing to exchange knowledge and share your expertise for the artistic development of all?
- Do you want to be in the company of fibre artists who love texture, colour, fabric and the creative process?